The Year 2 @ CSU: Residential Experience in Laurel Village will focus on building community while focusing on the opportunities and challenges of being a second year student at CSU. As community members of the Year 2 floor, students will be encouraged to engage with educational, social, cultural, service, and academic programs in the residence hall and on the CSU campus throughout the year. University Housing and Year 2 @ CSU are committed to providing information on upcoming events, scheduling monthly community meetings, and connecting students with valuable resources and opportunities. Overall, in order for the Year 2 @ CSU: Residential Experience to be a success, we ask that floor members be dedicated to participating in the floor community by committing to the following:
- Attend the overnight community weekend Fall Retreat at the CSU Mountain Campus, in September 2022 (pending COVID-19 travel regulations at that time)
- Attend monthly floor community meetings and programs held by your Resident Assistant (RA) and Residential Experiences Coordinator
- Participate in floor events and social events held by your community, peers, campus resources, Year 2 @ CSU and your RA as available
- Maintain “good standing” within the University and within the Housing conduct system
- Attend the service project in spring 2023 (pending COVID-19 travel regulations at that time)
Failure to complete these requirements will result in a meeting referral with University Housing staff to reassess your housing assignment within the Year 2 @ CSU: Residential Experience. We hope that you are excited to expand your CSU student experience with other second year students at CSU. On the community application you will be required to indicate that you agree with these requirements and are ready to commit to this residential theme community.
In order to be considered for the Year 2 @CSU: Residential Community you must complete all of these steps.