First-Year Mountain Experience
Get ready for your next adventure and bring your Ram Orientation experience to the mountains!
Enhance your orientation experience by joining fellow new students for this add-on outdoor orientation program at Colorado State University’s Mountain Campus. On the border of Rocky Mountain National Park, the CSU Mountain Campus immerses students in the sights and sounds of the natural world.
For two nights and two days you will be able to create a deeper sense of community at CSU through engaging in adventure. This experience is designed to further connect you with CSU, and help prepare you for your upcoming transition to CSU, while setting a course for success.
At First-Year Mountain Experience, you will…
- Build upon your Ram Orientation experience (on-campus orientation must be completed first)
- Spend the weekend in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado at CSU’s unique Mountain Campus.
- Participate in a challenge ropes course at 9,000 feet
- Challenge yourself on a hike in the Rockies (no hiking experience necessary!)
- Engage in a campfire community-building program
- Build relationships with other new students, faculty, and staff
- Have fun, while preparing for your upcoming semester at CSU
Gear List: Click here to see the tentative pack list.
Schedule: Click here to see the tentative schedule.
How do I sign up?
Reservations for First-Year Mountain Experience are available through your Ram Orientation reservation as an additional opportunity.
Session 1: June 8-10
Session 2: June 16-18
Session 3: June 23-25
Session 4: July 13-15
See a student's perspective: